Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Cake Pops!

Changing my Easter traditions to include Cake Pops instead of cupcakes this year...Just finished up, let me know what you think!! My chicks need a little work but the carrots turned out pretty cute.

I got my inspiration for the carrot cake pops from a post on Frog Prince Paperie where they showcased marshmallow ones with the edible grass. So excited when I found the edible grass at Michael's...



I made the Easter egg ones last since they were the most simple. Here is a step-by-step tutorial to get you started:

1. Follow Bakerella's cake pop instructions for making the cake, crumbling & mixing with icing.

2. Take a couple cake balls from the refrigerator at a time so they don't warm up too much.

3. Form cake balls into the shape that you need. These ones are shaped as eggs for Easter eggs.
4. Dip the stick in the chocolate first.

5. Put cake ball on the stick halfway through. (very simple directions)

6. Dip the cake ball into the chocolate. Tip the bowl a little or use tall containers for the chocolate. Don't leave the cake pop in too long or it will get too heavy and fall off the stick.

7. Hold over the bowl so excess chocolate can drip off, can use a knife or spatula to take off some extra.

 8. Decorate!! You can't mess up this step!!

I made a combination on chicks, Easter eggs and carrots this year and displayed them in an Easter basket.



Happy Easter Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment