Friday, September 2, 2011

Labor Day Recipe Round-Up

I am very excited for the upcoming 3-day weekend!! What are your plans? Anything fun? We have a couple of parties/BBQ's to attend this weekend so here are my recipe plans so far:


We have so many tomatoes growing in our garden so I have been dying to try this delicious tomato tart recipe from Southern Living. You can serve it as an appetizer or as a side so great to bring to someone's house to add to the food they are already serving.



I've seen this idea on a couple different sites but recently saw on Pinterest for Labor Day and knew I had to try it! This is a great idea to get the kids involved in the kitchen if you have kids. If not (like me), this looks like a simple, patriotic dessert to bring this weekend where ever you are planning on going.



I saw this recipe on Pinterest and drooled...It looks too good not to try! I am planning on making it in a dish and then serving it with crackers & bread instead of doing the bread bowl. It would probably be good with veggies too. Anything dipped in cheese and bacon is delicious, right?


S'mores (Homemade Recipe/Idea found on Brown Paper Packages)

What is Labor Day Weekend without S'mores?!?!? I was happy to see that Brown Paper Packages makes their S'mores the same way that my family does, with fudge-stripped cookies! Make it easier on the kids and you by using fudge covered or fudge-stripped cookies with the marshmallows for a delicious s'mores. Want to keep it traditional? That's ok! But try using a Reese's Cup as your chocolate bar...YUM!

Hope you all have an amazing Labor Day Weekend! Please share your recipe ideas, can't wait to hear about what you're making....









No comments:

Post a Comment