Thursday, December 6, 2012

Home Beccanomics: Edible Holiday Gift Ideas

My name is Becca Boyd and I have a blog called HomeBeccanomics. I am a middle school Family and Consumer Science teacher (Home Ec!) and I live in West Chester with my husband and little girl, Tessa. I started the blog as a teaching tool to preserve our class's recipes, but have really enjoyed continuing the entries from my own kitchen during my soon-ending maternity leave. I occasionally cater small events and have taught workshops and cooking classes as well. Kris is letting me share on her awesome site and I've decided to do a round-up of edible holiday gifts - if you have any questions about the recipes please don't hesitate to contact me!

It's the time of year when the social calendar gets packed with parties - not sure about you but I like to show up with a gift in hand. Besides the get-togethers, it's the time of year to express thanks to people like trash removers, mail deliverers, and hair stylists. Without them you'd be living like a hoarder and your 'do would be a hot mess. Now, you could totally go to Wawa and buy a dozen gift cards, OR you could go the personal route and bake them something. That being said, make sure you actually enjoy the process - if you use your oven to store sweaters (like Carrie Bradshaw) then by all means load up on gift cards. 

If baking relaxes you as much as it does me, than throw on an apron and your favorite holiday station on Pandora and let's make some gifts! Here is a round up of some of my favorites - complete with a time line for you eager beavers who like to work ahead. 

Though most of these are treats that can be laid out for the holiday (or eaten immediately at a party), I'd also like to suggest some breakfast options. Give your stressed out host or hostess a tray of cinnamon rolls for the following morning and they'll be sure to invite you back next year!

Make weeks ahead and freeze:


Double Chocolate Bread 



Make a week ahead and keep at room temperature:

High Protein Granola 



Make several days ahead and keep at room temperature:

Candied walnuts 



Chewy Granola Bites 




Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Biscotti 



Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti 




Apricot and Pistachio Biscotti 




Mint Chocolate Cookies 



Chocolate Bark 



Make a day or two before gifting:

Chocolate Drizzled Cinnamon Kettle Corn



Peanut Butter Caramel Corn



Cowboy Cookies




Macaroons 



Breakfast options to make the day or of night before gifting: 

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls 



Cream Cheese Glazed Cinnamon Rolls




Oatmeal Cookie Muffins 




Strawberry and Cream Rolls 




Chocolate Banana Protein Muffins 



I'd like to thank Becca for sharing her delicious edible gift ideas!! Excited to try some this holiday season... Please visit her website or Facebook page to start following her amazing recipes!

Happy Baking Everyone!  xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Such a delicious-looking 'gift list'! Have my eye on those biscotti variations and the cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete