Thursday, September 16, 2010

Vendor of the Month: A Catered Affair

Welcome to my first Vendor of the Month entry! Each month, I'll be featuring one of my favorite vendors for events and highlighting parts of their business. This month I'm featuring A Catered Affair, a catering business started by one of my high school classmates. Enjoy!

Contact Information
A Catered Affair
610-675-5608
a_catered_affair@yahoo.com

Services Provided: Catering Services, Personal Chef Services, Hospitality Services, Cooking Lessons and Cooking Parties.

Price Range: Prices are based on clients' needs and budgets. Packaged deals are available as well as a la carte options to ensure you get the most for your money.
Her Business: A Catered Affair is an example of how a culinary obsession of everything delicious and romantic could turn into a business of entertainment and enjoyment. Food has always represented family, friends and fun in my life.  Since I was a child, I always enjoyed cooking, from rolling the mini meatballs for Escarole Soup to the 20 different varieties of cookies for our Holiday Cookie Platters.  I was always elbow deep in any mess I could get my hands on in the kitchen.  I took my passion of cooking to college with me when I was at James Madison University studying business. Being the only business major making homemade pancakes in the dorm rooms with a plug in double burner, was just one reason as to why I continued onto culinary school after James Madison. 
Since then I have engulfed myself in everything delicious and romantic in the culinary world including the start up of A Catered Affair. Running a catering company is a lot of work, but my job is awesome.  I dine at some of the greatest restaurants for inspiration. I visit open markets, read countless cookbooks, wine tastings, foodie blogs and I get to meet some of the most amazing people through food.  It may not be your typical 40 hour work week, but it's never a dull week. I knew catering was the perfect niche for me because I always get invited to the party! I love that I can share happy moments and great memories with people.
A Catered Affair
Chef Jamie Minnick
(610) 675-5608
I'd like to thank Chef Jamie for allowing me to feature A Catered Affair as my first vendor of the month. Stay tuned for more of my favorite vendors! Up next month: James Fields from One to One Productions...

No comments:

Post a Comment